"The Top End & Red Centre Motorcycle Skills Trainer" (defined below) respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We are committed to abiding by the Australian Privacy Principles in all our dealings with personal information of individuals we deal with, including our customers, business associates and dealers.
- when you purchase a Product, or service;
- when you engage in supplying goods and services to The Top End and Red Centre Motorcycle Skills Trainer;
- when you visit our websites at www.ntmotorcyclelicence.com;
- when you apply for a current or future career at The Top End & Red Centre Motorcycle Skills Trainer;
- when you supply personal information as part of contractual arrangements;
2. "The Top End & Red Centre Motorcycle Skills"
"TEMST" and "We" means:
- Anthew Pty Ltd (ABN 40 613 096 683), Northern Territory, Australia ("The Top End & Red Centre Motorcycle Skills Trainer");
TEMST only gathers personal information if it is necessary to provide a service to you, or as required by law. TEMST may collect the following information about you:
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Licence No
- Transaction details associated with your purchases of TEMST products or services, including warranty information and, credit card or bank details for online purchases;
- Any information you have provided to us through customer surveys, including your gender and age, or date of birth;
- Any information you are required to provide to us by law or by agreement; and
- Licence details associated with your booking of a Defence Ride Safe Program
4. How does TEMST Collect Personal Information?
TEMST will generally collect your personal information directly from you. This may be achieved through your interactions with TEMST including interactions via our website, other social media applications or internet sites, telephone, email or writing to us.
TEMST may also collect your personal information from a third party source, such as our dealers, government entities, road traffic authorities and from marketing lists which are legally acquired by us.
5. What does TEMST Do With My Personal Information?
In general, your personal information will not be used or disclosed by TEMST for a secondary purpose, other than the primary purpose of collection unless:
- You have consented;
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect TEMST to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
- to assist in providing goods and services to you;
- to provide customer support;
- to send you information about our products or events;
- to conduct, and send you, customer surveys;
- for our internal administrative, customer relations, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- to consider an application for a career with TEMST;
- for any purpose for which you give your express or implied consent; and
- for any purpose required or authorised by law.
- Motor Vehicle Registry, Northern Territory
Where applicable, TEMST may manage personal information relying on exemptions within the Privacy Act and applicable Privacy Laws, including provisions in the Privacy Act concerning the sharing of personal information among related bodies corporate.
6. Direct Marketing
At times, we may use personal information to inform our customers, prospective customers and others with whom we have interactions, about our products and services, events, promotions and special offers that we believe may interest you. Direct Marketing may be delivered to you in a number of ways including without limitation by mail, telephone, email and SMS.
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing where:
- We have collected your personal information directly from you, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your information for that purpose;
- You have consented to us doing so; or
- It is otherwise permitted by law.
8. Openness, Accuracy and Contact Us
You may request access, or to update, the personal information we hold about you by writing to the Privacy Officer. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is correct.
You may also contact the Privacy Officer if you wish to make a complaint about the way TEMST has handled your personal information. You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access but you will need to provide reasonable proof of your identity.
On some occasions it may not be possible for TEMST to provide you with all of your personal information, or an exemption under the Privacy Act may apply. For example, Honda may not provide access to information if the information provided would impact the privacy of another individual. In situations where TEMST cannot provide access to personal information held about an individual, TEMST will tell you why. If we do provide access to your personal information, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for providing access that we consider fairly represents the effort involved in providing you with the information.
The Top End & Red Centre Motorcycle Skills Trainer
Privacy Contact Officer
GPO BOX 2974
DARWIN, NT 801
Customer Assistance: 0429 200 184
If you contact us, and are not satisfied with our response to your privacy-related request, you may contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
TEMST understands the need for a system of security that protects the privacy of your personal information. We use industry standard security measures to safeguard the personal information that we hold physically and electronically. Our database systems store personal information in secure environments that are designed to safeguard it from misuse, wrongful disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via the Internet, although we use our best endeavours to do so. TEMST will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security during Internet transmissions of personal information, including any unintended loss, misuse or disclosure of that information.
TEMST will provide you with the option to deal with TEMST without identifying yourself where it is lawful and practical.
11. Dealing with Unsolicited Information
In the event that TEMST receives unsolicited personal information that could not have been collected under the Australian Privacy Principles as ‘solicited' information, we will destroy or de-identify the personal information as soon as practicable, unless it is contained in a ‘Commonwealth record' or it is unlawful or unreasonable to do so.
We want you to have the highest comfort level, when visiting a TEMST website, and to ensure that our processes will respect and honour your election to disclose or not disclose your personal information to us.
The amount of information that you provide to TEMST will depend on the range and number of services that you choose to use from our websites.
If you access our websites from a mobile or electronic device, TEMST may collect the following device information including, hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
2. Normal Website Session
In general, you can visit our websites without identifying who you are. However, particular sections on our website may require you to provide personal information including your name, address, email address and telephone number in order that we may provide the services or information you have requested during a website visit.
3. Information We Collect During a Normal Website Session
You can visit a TEMST website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. During all website sessions we collect and store non-identifying statistical-data such as the pages you visited or downloaded, the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the type of browser and operating systems used to access our site, the date and time you access our site, the website that referred you to us and the pages you visit (click-through). We use this information to aid in the design of the site and the material presented there. In these sessions, TEMST collects no personally identifying information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide personalised features and content on the Honda website. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
For statistical purposes, we collect information on website activity through the use of 'cookies'. When you visit this website a record of your visit is logged. The following data is supplied by your browser:
- Your IP address and or domain name
- Your operating system (type of browser and platform)
- The date, time and length of your visit to the website
- The resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded
5. Personal Information
6. Collection of Personal Information
There are instances where TEMST requests personal information about you on our websites, to enable the provision of a service or correspondence to you. For example:
- "Contact Us";
- Email newsletter;
- Brochure requests;
- Competition or promotion;
- Online Shop for merchandise, accessories; and
- TEMST online course booking.
7. Email and Your Privacy
You may choose to correspond with us by email, and in doing so send personal information to TEMST. For example:
- An email message containing comments about a TEMST product or service, or purchase experience, or the TEMST website itself.
- In these situations, we preserve the contents of emails received by us. We only use that information to resolve the matter raised in the email.
TEMST will not send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages (‘SPAM') without your consent and we will only send email promotions or announcements to you if you have previously consented to us doing so.
9. Links from This Site